We Serve Families Involved in Wrongful Death Cases
The damages in a wrongful death case can be generally categorized into one of two groups. On the one hand, you have damages that can be objectively calculated by specific, clearly determined costs. On the other hand, you have subjective damages that call for the experienced legal advocacy of a wrongful death case attorney.
"Objective" damages may be calculated by costs such as:
- Medical bills
- Funeral or other expenses related to laying the deceased to rest
- Loss of benefits, such as employer provided health insurance, that must now be paid out of pocket
- Loss of income, depending on the age and household status of the deceased
"Subjective" damages are based on other, less specific determinations, such as:
- Pain and suffering endured by the deceased
- Emotional trauma of the survivor's family members
- Punitive damages, should the cause of death be found to be especially egregious
Contact a Wrongful Death Lawyer with Our Firm
At Smith & Hassler, an experienced wrongful death attorney will assist you or your loved one with your case. If you have lost a loved one due to another person's negligence, call (713) 739-1250 for your free personal injury consultation today.
Remember, your initial consultation is free, and you don't pay us unless you win.