Signs Of Birth Injuries
Representing Houston-area Birth Injury Victims and Their Families - We Mean Business
Many birth injury cases occur because of the negligence of medical professionals. Complications can surface during pregnancy and labor, and when overlooked or mistreated, your health care provider may be liable for injuries to your child.
Signs that your baby may have sustained birth injuries:
- Seizures that develop within 24 to 48 hours after birth
- Prolonged resuscitation of the baby after delivery
- Persistent poor nursing
- An infant that is "floppy" after five minutes
- An APGAR score of 5 or less at five minutes; 7 or less at 10 minutes
- Full-term baby who does not go home with his or her mother
- No infant cry before the child is 10 minutes old (unless the baby has a breathing tube in his or her throat)
Contact a Birth Injuries Lawyer with Our Firm
If your infant shows signs of birth injuries, contact Smith & Hassler, serving the greater metropolitan Houston area and other communities in Texas. We can assist you and fight for the compensation you deserve for damages you or a loved one has suffered as a result of a health care provider's negligence.
Remember, your initial consultation is free, and you don't pay us unless you win.