An Experienced Lawyer in Houston to Represent your Medical Malpractice Case
Doctors who fail to diagnose illnesses, or mistake the symptoms of one illness for another, place patients at a heightened risk for harm. A physician's error can mean that patients do not receive timely treatment. People suffering from cancer, heart disease or other serious illnesses need immediate attention so they can receive the best possible diagnosis.
An illness that is left untreated for a long period can lead to serious consequences, such as the need for high risk surgery. A patient could die in some cases due to a doctor's mistake.
Diagnosing errors can include:
- Delayed diagnosis of cancer
- Misinterpretation of tests
- Failure to properly analyze lab results
- Failure to order a biopsy
- Failure to refer to a specialist
- Failure to order necessary lab or medical tests
- Failure to monitor changes in a patient's progression of a misdiagnosed disease
Contact a Medical Malpractice Lawyer with Our Firm
If your doctor has made a diagnosing error, contact Smith & Hassler, serving the greater metropolitan Houston area and other communities in Texas. We can assist you and fight for the compensation you deserve for damages you or a loved one has suffered as a result of a health care provider's negligence.
Remember, your initial consultation is free, and you don't pay us unless you win.