Houston Premises Liability Lawyers Protecting Your Rights
We can fight for the money you deserve if you get hurt on someone else’s property
Public and private property owners have a responsibility to properly care for their property. Otherwise, people can get seriously injured. This is especially true at swimming pools, restaurants, and other public places. When property owners fail to take the necessary precautions and someone gets hurt, they should be held responsible for their actions.
That’s where we come in. Our Houston premises liability attorneys at Smith & Hassler can fight for your rights every step of the way. We know what to do because we’ve been doing this work for more than 30 years in Texas. Our job is making sure you get the maximum compensation for your premises liability accident.
What does premises liability mean?
Premises liability is a legal term used to describe a property owner’s responsibility to maintaining their property. When they fail to do so, it’s our job to prove they failed to protect the public’s best interests. Among the general standards in a premises liability case are determinations that show:
- The party responsible for the property created the condition.
- The condition was known but no steps were taken to correct it.
- Enough time had gone by for the responsible party to become aware of the condition that it should have been corrected.
What type of premises liability case are you dealing with?
Premises liability cases in Texas can cover a wide range. Some of the most common – and most complicated – premises liability cases we handle at our Houston law firm include:
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Daycare Facility Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Drowning Accidents
- Playground Accidents
Whatever type of premises liability case you’re dealing with in Texas, make sure you take your case seriously right from the start. Make sure you talk to an attorney who knows the law and knows what to do. Make sure you talk to us.
What makes premises liability cases in Texas so complicated?
You might think you don’t even need a lawyer if you or a family member got hurt on someone else’s property. All you do is tell the property owner or their insurance company and they’ll take care of everything, right? Don’t be so sure. Often, cases can become very complicated for many different reasons, including:
- Property owner denies doing anything wrong
- Hazard that caused injury not obvious
- Property owner lies about property conditions
- Property owner destroys evidence related to your case
- Property owner’s insurance company denies your claim
Insurance companies often fight hard to deny premises liability claims. They know your case could be worth a lot of money. That’s why they’ll do everything to deny your case. That’s not right. That’s why we want to meet with you.
What should I do after my premises liability accident?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a premises liability accident on someone else’s property, we recommend taking the following steps to protect your rights.
- Seek immediate medical attention. Your health matters most.
- Don’t talk to the property owner. Anything you say could be used to deny your claim.
- Don’t talk about your accident with other people. The less you say, the better.
- Don’t post anything on social media about your accident. Insurance companies carefully read your posts and try to use this information against you.
- Contact our law firm as soon as possible. We can review your case (free of charge) and explain your legal options.
Don’t underestimate the complexity of your case. Get a lawyer who gets results. Contact our Houston law firm.
Have a problem in Houston? Contact Smith & Hassler. We can fight for you.
If you don’t take legal action, you might end up having to pay for your premises liability accident out of your own pocket. Your expenses can add up fast. From medical expenses to lost income from not being able to work, you could be looking at a large bill.
You shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s mistakes. Contact our law firm right now. We know how the legal system works in Texas and we’re here to help you. If necessary, we can even file a premises liability lawsuit for you. Schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Houston premises liability attorney at our law firm. We fight to win.