Houston Daycare Facility Injury Lawyers Who Fight for Justice
Our law firm puts your family’s needs first
You trust your child’s daycare facility to care for children and keep them safe. It’s their primary job and you expect them to do it well. Many do just that every single day. Unfortunately, some daycare facilities don’t take their responsibility seriously. As a result, serious injuries sometimes happen involving abuse or negligence.
Our Houston daycare facility injury attorneys at Smith & Hassler take these cases very seriously. That’s because we believe reckless or negligent daycare facilities should be held accountable for their actions. As your attorney, we will aggressively advocate for your child’s rights and make sure your case gets the attention you deserve.
How did your daycare facility injury happen?
Injuries to children at daycare facilities happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes of serious injuries to children include:
- Abusive daycare employee intentionally hurts or abuses your child
- Negligent daycare employee fails to properly monitor your child, resulting in an injury
- Inexperienced daycare worker hurts your child
- Unskilled daycare employee injures your child
- Understaffed daycare facility did not have enough employees to properly monitor children
- Improperly secured daycare facility results in injury
- Improper safeguards result in your child’s injury
Is this how your daycare injury occurred? Or are you dealing with a different situation? Whatever the circumstances of your child’s personal injury, we’re here to help you hold the daycare facility accountable for its actions.
What makes daycare facility injuries so complicated?
Incidents involving abuse, neglect, or other types of injuries to children at daycare facilities can be very complicated legal cases. Many involve a complex area of the law known as premises liability, which involves the rights and responsibilities of property owners. Some of the most common reasons why daycare facility injury cases are so complicated include:
- Daycare facility denies doing anything wrong
- Daycare facility refuses to release evidence involving your case
- Daycare facility destroys evidence related to your case
- Daycare facility claims your child caused his or her own injury
- Daycare facility’s insurance company denies your claim
Abuse at childcare facilities may be easy to detect, such as when you see physical injuries like broken bones, bruises, and cuts on your child. The abuse also may take the form of psychological or sexual abuse, which can leave psychological scars that last much longer than physical injuries. We know what to look for and can help guide you through this process every step of the way.
You have rights. We can protect them. Contact us to fight for justice for you.
It's important for you to remember that the statute of limitations - which limits the amount of time you can file a lawsuit - does not begin in most cases until your child's 18th birthday. Even so, the sooner you contact our law firm, the better.
We recommend you contact us as soon as possible if you suspect your child has been injured, so we can begin working to examine evidence while it is fresh and ensure your rights are protected. Even if your child was injured years ago, call us to discuss a potential case.
Make the right call. Contact Smith & Hassler, Attorneys at Law. An experienced Houston daycare facility injury lawyer can review your case and explain the legal options available to you. Schedule your free case evaluation today.