Slip And Fall Accidents
A Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Houston to Defend Your Rights in a Premises Liability Case
A slip and fall is a personal injury term that describes when a person slips, trips or falls and is injured on another person's property. In the greater metropolitan Houston area, we have seen people injured while frequenting businesses because of someone else's negligence. Our personal injury attorneys hold negligent parties responsible to get victims the financial compensation they deserve.
Because these accidents usually happen on another person's property, they're also considered premises liability claims. Whoever owns or is responsible for the premises is legally responsible for your injury. Premises can include restaurants, hardware stores, supermarkets, office buildings, department stores, other people's homes, and much more.
But recovering compensation from the responsible party can be difficult. The property owner may deny responsibility. In some cases, you may be blamed for what happened. That's why you need an experienced attorney who knows how to get you the compensation you deserve.
Slip & Fall Cases We Handle
Smith & Hassler is experienced in handling slip and fall liability cases throughout Texas, such as:
- Negligent care of a sidewalk, parking lot or publicly owned area (such as a pothole in the ground)
- Unsafe or narrow stairways
- Torn carpeting
- Changes in flooring
- Poor lighting
- A wet floor
- Safety code violations
A slip and fall can result in a wide range of injuries, from minor to severe. Depending on the circumstances, it can result in strains and sprains, cuts, bruises, broken bones, a traumatic brain injury or spinal injuries. These injuries can limit your mobility and prevent you from returning to work, resulting in lost income.
Demand Justice For Your Injuries
You deserve financial compensation for your slip and fall injury, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, mental anguish and other damages. But the property owner's insurance company is not interested in paying you full compensation. They may make you a lowball settlement offer, or suggest you were to blame for your fall.
That's not right. That's why we take such cases so seriously. Our legal team will investigate your accident to search for evidence of negligence. We take the time to build the strongest case possible, and negotiate with the insurance company to reach a settlement that covers your damages. And if the insurance company doesn't cooperate, we will fight them in court.
If you were injured in a slip and fall in Texas, there are certain steps you should take to protect your rights:
- Get medical attention - Even if you feel OK. You may have suffered an injury that only a medical exam can reveal.
- Take photos - As soon as you can, take several photos of the area where you fell. Take close-up and wide angle photos from different points of view.
- Talk to witnesses - Get contact information for witnesses. Ask for the names, addresses and phone numbers of anyone who witnessed your fall, or saw the conditions that caused you to fall.
- Record your thoughts - Write down what happened. While your memory of the incident is still fresh, write down an account of your fall. Include as many details as you can remember.
- Call a lawyer - Learn what your legal options are from an attorney.
Contact a Slip and Fall Lawyer with Our Firm
If you or a loved one sustained a serious injury in a slip and fall accident in Texas, contact Smith & Hassler. An experienced personal injury attorney will assist you or your loved one with your case. Call (713) 739-1250 for your free personal injury consultation today.
Remember, your initial consultation is free, and you don't pay us unless you win.