Houston 18-wheeler & big rig accident lawyers who fight for your rights
Our personal injury attorneys know what to do after your truck crash
Truck accidents in Texas caused by 18-wheelers and big rigs are among the most serious accidents we handle at Smith & Hassler. That’s because they’re some of the largest vehicles on the road. In an instant, you or a loved one can be seriously injured due to a big rig crashing into your car.
Without strong legal representation, you might not get the money you rightfully deserve for your 18-wheeler accident. That’s why it’s important to have an experienced legal team in your corner. Our attorneys have more than 30 years of experience getting real results for clients in Houston and throughout Texas. We know the law. We know how the system works, and we will work tirelessly on your behalf.
How did your 18-wheeler accident happen?
Accidents caused by big rigs in Texas happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents caused by 18-wheelers include:
- Speeding truck drivers, especially in the case of highway truck accidents
- Distracted truck drivers, including texting truck drivers
- Poorly loaded trucks, which are not balanced properly and roll over
- Poorly maintained trucks, including trucks with defective brakes or bald tires
- Long-haul truck drivers falling asleep at the wheel
- Aggressive truck drivers who change lanes without warning, or tailgate
Is this how your big rig crash happened? Or did a commercial truck driver do something else wrong which resulted in your truck accident? Whatever the circumstances of your crash, we can investigate your accident and work with you to hold the truck driver accountable for their actions.
"After my accident with a big rig cab, I realize I was hurt a few days later. I called about 10 firms to handle my claim since I knew I'd be up against a wall. The staff at Smith & Hassler were very informative and helpful. They gave me time estimates and provided all the information I needed. They were able to help speed along my property claim (just bought the car two days before the accident and received just as much as I paid for it!), and got me all squared away with a doctor's office quickly. I recovered in about 3 months. After recovery, I received a settlement check for injury claims within a month. I didn't have to do a thing except rest, recover and go to my dr. appointments. My attorney and his staff handled the rest. Very glad I chose to work with Smith & Hassler for my injury claims. I hope something like this never happens again...knock on wood...but if it ever does, I know who to call!" — Phil
What makes big rig truck accidents so complicated?
You might think your Texas 18-wheeler truck accident would be straightforward. A truck driver clearly caused your crash. What could go wrong? Unfortunately, many different things, including:
- The truck driver denies causing your big rig accident.
- The truck driver blames you for causing your 18-wheeler accident.
- The trucking company refuses to give you information about your accident.
- The trucking company’s insurance company denies your claim.
Trucking companies, insurance companies and their attorneys often play games after a serious big rig accident. That’s because they realize there’s so much money at stake. Depending on the severity of your injuries and the length of your recovery, your accident could easily be worth thousands or even millions of dollars. That’s why it’s critical that you contact us right away.
What should I do after my 18-wheeler truck accident?
It’s important that you act right away after your 18-wheeler accident. If your accident happened a few hours or a few days ago, we strongly urge you to take the following steps:
- Seek immediate medical attention. You could have a life-threatening internal injury.
- If the truck driver’s trucking company or insurance company contacts you, do not talk to them. Anything you say could be used to deny your accident claim.
- Contact our law firm right away.
We can help you every step of the way – from filling out forms and investigating your accident to dealing with insurance companies. If they give you a hard time, we will not hesitate to file a truck accident lawsuit against them on your behalf.
Think outside the box. Get a Houston big rig accident lawyer who gets results.
You have too much riding on the outcome of your case. Get the help you need from a Houston 18-wheeler accident lawyer you can trust. Contact our law firm and schedule your free consultation today. We mean business.