Experienced Houston rear-end truck accident lawyers who fight for you
Our attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve
Rear-end truck accidents in Texas often turn out to be serious accidents. That’s because of the large size of many tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, big rigs, and other commercial trucks. In an instant, you or a loved one can be seriously injured when a truck crashes into the back of your vehicle. These accidents can be especially severe if a truck crashes into your car on a highway.
Knowing what to do after a rear-end truck accident can be confusing. Even knowing what your rights are might not be clear. That’s why it’s important to talk with an experienced Houston rear-end truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. We want to meet with you at Smith & Hassler because our attorneys have more than 30 years of experience fighting for the rights of truck accident victims in Houston and throughout Texas.
How did your rear-end truck accident happen?
Rear-end truck accidents happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- Speeding truck drivers
- Distracted truck drivers
- Reckless truck drivers
- Drunk truck drivers
- Truck drivers falling asleep at the wheel
- Mechanical defect with truck
- Poorly maintained truck crashes into your car
Is this how your rear-end ruck accident happened? Or are you dealing with another type of rear-end truck accident? Whatever the circumstances of your Houston rear-end truck accident, we know what evidence to look for to build a strong, successful legal case.
What makes rear-end truck accidents so complicated?
You might think that your rear-end truck accident would be straightforward. A truck driver crashed into the back of your car and clearly caused your accident. The reality is many rear-end truck accidents turn out to be far more complicated than many people expect. Reasons why include:
- The truck driver denies doing anything wrong.
- The truck driver blames you for causing your rear-end truck accident.
- The trucking company refuses to provide information about your truck accident.
- The trucking company’s insurance company denies your claim.
Whatever legal issues you’re dealing with after your rear-end truck accident, we can help you every step of the way.
What should I do after my rear-end truck accident?
If you or a loved one was injured recently in a rear-end truck accident, we strongly advise to take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention if you have not already done so. Even if you have, schedule a follow-up doctor’s appointment because many injuries take time to develop.
- Contact our law firm as soon as possible. We can help you in many ways, including:
- Making sure your accident report is accurate
- Reviewing the so-called “black box” data from the truck. This information can include the speed the truck was traveling, the last time the truck driver took a break and other important information
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Representing you at all court appearances, if necessary
Let our Houston rear-end truck accident lawyers help after your crash
Make sure you take your rear-end truck accident seriously right from the start. Contact our law firm and schedule your free consultation with one of our experienced Houston rear-end truck accident attorneys. We can demand the money you deserve for your crash.