Houston Car Accident Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers Who Demand Justice
Our attorneys will stand up for your rights
Car accident injuries to the spine are among the most serious cases we handle at our Houston law firm. That’s because a spinal cord injury can change your life in an instant. Suddenly, you or loved one may not be able to work or do many of the other things you may take granted. That’s why it’s critical that you have an experienced Houston car accident attorney on your side, fighting for your rights after your car accident.
You can count on Smith & Hassler to be there for you every step of the way. Our lawyers have more than 30 years of experience handling serious cases in Texas. We know how to investigate accidents, we know what questions to ask, and we’re prepared to go above and beyond to demand the justice you deserve.
What are common spinal cord injuries caused by car accidents?
Spinal cord injuries sustained in a car accident can be serious and life-changing injuries. These injuries may include:
- Complete spinal cord injury – The spinal cord has been completely cut, resulting in total paralysis (loss of feeling or movement) below the injury area.
- Partial spinal cord injury – The spinal cord has been partially cut, allowing person to move part of their body below the injury area.
- Fractured vertebrae or fractured spine – There is a fracture in one or more of the vertebrae bones in the spine. Some of the most common injuries are spinal compression fractures, which cause the vertebrae to collapse and can cause pieces of bone to press on the spinal cord and nerves.
Complete spinal cord injuries are also often classified based on where the back injury took place. Two of the most common types of complete spinal cord injuries are:
- Paraplegia – Paralysis of the lower part of the legs and lower part of the body. This can occur in thoracic or lumbar spinal injuries (injuries to the middle portions of the spinal cord).
- Quadriplegia – Also sometimes known as tetraplegia, quadriplegia involves paralysis affecting the arms, hands, and legs. This is a common result of cervical spinal injuries (injuries to the top portion of the spinal cord).
Spinal cord injuries are a serious matter. That’s why it’s important that you take your spinal cord injury case seriously right from the start. Make sure you talk to a lawyer at our law firm right away. We can explain all the legal options available to you and your family and which one makes the most sense for you.
"I had a traumatic experience while 9 months pregnant due to another driver's carelessness and went into preterm labor with neck and back injuries due to this. After getting the runaround about my medical bills, I contacted Smith and Hassler for advice. The attorney that helped me was very knowledgeable, quick to respond to my e-mails, answered all of my questions in detail and just made the whole process so easy and convenient for me. He worked very hard through my entire case to ensure that I would be taken care of and I am very thankful for his help. I hope I do not experience anymore crazy drivers in the future, but if I do, I will definitely contact Smith and Hassler again." — Jean
What makes car accident spinal cord injuries so complicated?
You might think you don’t even need a lawyer if you or a loved one sustained a spinal cord injury in a car accident, especially if the crash was clearly another driver’s fault. The reality is many car accident cases turn out to be complicated, especially when they involve severe injuries such as a spinal cord injury. Reasons why include:
- An at-fault driver who caused your spinal cord injury denies causing your crash
- The driver claims you or your loved one caused your car accident
- The other driver’s insurance company denies your spinal cord injury claim
The stakes are often extremely high in car accidents involving spinal cord injuries. That’s because the medical bills for procedures like spinal fusion surgery, plus other accident-related expenses (lost income during recovery, pain and suffering, etc.) can often add up to thousands or even millions of dollars. That’s why many insurance companies do everything they can to deny these claims.
That’s not right. The other driver caused your accident, and their insurance company should be responsible for compensating you. Our attorneys can help. We know how to negotiate effectively with insurance companies. If they refuse to cooperate, we can file a car accident lawsuit on your behalf for your spinal cord injury.
Demand justice after your car accident spinal cord injury. Contact us today.
It’s important to get legal advice as soon as possible. Our lawyers understand the impact a spinal cord injury can have and we want to help. We are ready to answer your questions and help you understand your rights.
Remember, you didn’t do anything wrong. You deserve to be compensated for your accident. Make the right call. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation right now. One of our experienced Houston spinal cord injury attorneys can review the details of your case with you, then explain all the legal options available to you.
Smith & Hassler – the law firm you want when it matters most.