A Train Accident Attorney Will Fight for the Rights of Victims in Harris County and Throughout Texas
Railroad accidents can be catastrophic, given that a small passenger vehicle can sustain so much damage during a collision with a heavy train. Each year, hundreds of people are injured or killed at railroad crossings. In fact, Texas leads the nation in accidents involving trains and motor vehicles. Harris County has the distinction of being the deadliest county in Texas - and the second deadliest in the nation - when it comes to railroad accidents.
Steps To Take To Avoid A Train Accident
To reduce the risk of accidents at a railroad crossing, take the following precautions when behind the wheel:
- Look both ways and always expect a train could be entering the intersection.
- Use extra caution at night
- Watch out for a second track and make sure both tracks are clear
- Don't get boxed in by letting traffic or gates stop you on a track
- If you car stalls on the track for any reason, get yourself and your passengers out of the car and walk away quickly.
But even the safest drivers sometimes have accidents involving trains. And when they do, they turn to us for the justice they deserve. At Smith & Hassler, we can examine all the details of an accident at a crossing. We will work tirelessly to make sure you get the compensation you need to get your life back on track.
Our Railroad Accident Lawyers Demand Justice
At Smith & Hassler, an experienced personal injury attorney will assist you or your loved one in your case. Call (713) 739-1250 for your free personal injury consultation today.
Remember, your initial consultation is free, and you don't pay us unless you win.